Makes 8 servings
This is a Keto version of the traditional Kentucky Hot Brown sandwich. You first bake a Keto cheese bread layer, then add a turkey, bacon, and tomato layer. Finally, you make a cheese sauce to pour over the top before you bake it all again into a creamy, cheesy casserole.
1½ pounds chopped or sliced cooked turkey (Thanksgiving leftovers work perfectly)
2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
4 strips bacon
1¼ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
½ cup Parmesan and Romano cheese blend, grated
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1½ cups finely ground almond flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 large egg
1½ cups butter
2 cups whipping cream
¾ cup Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Cracked black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9-x-13-inch baking dish.
2. For the Keto bread layer, combine mozzarella, Parmesan blend, and cream cheese in a large microwavable bowl and microwave for 20 seconds at a time, until cheese is hot enough to stir and melted together. Add flour, baking powder, and egg, stirring until the mixture is completely combined. Spread evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake for 10–15 minutes, until set and beginning to brown.
3. Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk cream and cheese into the butter. Reduce the heat to low and stir until the sauce begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Be careful not to let it scorch! Add nutmeg and pepper to taste, and remove from heat.
4. When bread is done, remove from the oven, but keep the oven on. Evenly spread turkey across top of bread layer. Place tomato slices on top. Pour cheese sauce over the turkey and tomatoes to cover, then lay bacon strips across the top of the assembled casserole.
5. Return to the oven and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling throughout. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER 1 SERVING
CALORIES (KCAL): 900 KCAL
CARBS: 10.2 G
SATURATED FAT: 40 G
CHOLESTEROL: 200 MG
PROTEIN: 41 G
POTASSIUM: 709 MG
SODIUM: 860 MG
IRON: 2.08 MG
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Keto For Life Cookbook here