Makes 16 servings
Made from toasted and ground sesame seeds, tahini is naturally rich in omega-3 fatty acids and anti-inflammatory properties, making this dessert as healthy as it is delicious. The nutty flavor imparted by the tahini pairs perfectly with the chocolate, and the texture is moist, yet fudgy—truly the best of both worlds.
¼ cup salted butter
¼ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¾ cup tahini
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon espresso powder
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-×-8-inch pan with 2 sheets of foil, making sure the excess foil hangs over the sides. Lightly coat foil with non-stick spray.
2. Heat the butter in a small saucepan set over low heat, until melted. Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips and cocoa powder, whisking until smooth. Set aside.
3. Whisk together the sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt in a large bowl, until slightly thick.
4. Add the tahini, mixing until combined.
5. Whisk together the flour, espresso powder, and cardamom in a separate small bowl, then fold carefully into the wet Ingredients.
6. Remove half the tahini mixture to a separate bowl and set aside.
7. Add the warm chocolate butter mixture into one of the bowls with the tahini mixture, stirring until combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
8. Drop spoonfuls of the reserved tahini mixture onto the brownie batter 1-inch apart.
9. Using the tip of a paring knife or using a skewer, swirl the dollops of tahini mixture into the brownie batter, forming a marbling effect.
10. Bake the brownies for 28–30 minutes, until firm around the edges and a skewer comes out clean.
11. Cool in the pan for 25–30 minutes, then using the excess foil, carefully lift the brownies from the pan, and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
12. When cool, remove from the foil, cut into 16 squares, and serve. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
NUTRITION • PER ONE SERVING
Calories 172 (8%)
Total Fat 11.71 g (24%)
Saturated Fat 4.062 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.916 g
Monounsaturated Fat 4.04 g
Trans Fat 0.002 g
Cholesterol 25 mg
Sodium 177 mg (12%)
Total Carbohydrate: 14.75 g (6%)
Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g (9%)
Total Sugars: 8.02 g
Protein: 3.29 g (6%)
Vitamin A 100 mcg (4%)
Vitamin C 0 mcg
Vitamin D 6 mcg (1%)
Potassium 132 mg (3%)
Calcium 59 mg (6%)
Iron 2.21 mg (12%)
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Mediterranean Desserts Cookbook here