Makes 4 crêpes
Crêpes don’t always have to be sweet! Instead of topping them with a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of syrup, this version balances savory shrimp with creamy mozzarella. The secret to turning out perfect crêpes is to use a rubber spatula to loosen the edge of the crêpe once it releases from the pan, then use your fingers to gently flip.
1 cup 2% milk
1 large egg, beaten
1½ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the pan
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 teaspoons salt, divided
2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup peeled, deveined, and boiled shrimp
⅓ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Whisk the milk, egg, butter, flour, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon oregano together in a large bowl.
2. Heat about ½ tablespoon of butter in a small skillet over medium to high heat.
3. Ladle ¼ cup of the batter into the skillet and swirl it around until it coats the entire bottom. If the batter is not evenly distributed, you can spread it out with a spatula. Cook for 30 seconds, then gently flip the crêpe. Cook for 30 more seconds, then remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Repeat step 3 with the rest of the batter. You may need to add more butter to the skillet between each crêpe.
5. Heat the olive oil in a separate skillet over medium-high heat. Once shimmering, add the shrimp, mozzarella, and remaining 1 teaspoon each oregano and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until the shrimp is bright pink. Remove the skillet from the heat.
6. Place ⅓ cup of the shrimp filling on each crêpe and roll to enclose the filling.
7. Top your crêpes with any leftover filling, if desired, and serve!
NUTRITION • per one serving •
Total Fat 12.22 g 17%
Saturated Fat 6.39 g 32%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.85 g —
Monounsaturated Fat3.92 g —
Trans Fat 0.01 g —
Cholesterol 80.32 mg 27%
Sodium 850.73 mg 43%
Total Carbohydrates 30.39 g 12%
Dietary Fiber 1.15 g 4%
Total Sugars 6.25 g —
Protein 14 g 27%
Vitamin A 25.5 mcg 2%
Vitamin C —
Vitamin D 0.025 mcg —
Potassium 242.18 mg 7%
Calcium 163.23 mg 20%
Iron 0.96 mg 7%
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Mediterranean Meals Under 30 Minutes Cookbook here