Asparagus and shrimp are a match made in heaven. This salad is incredibly delicious, and, when drizzled with the creamy horseradish dressing, it is the ideal dish to be serving up in springtime when asparagus is super fresh and plentiful. With just a few simple ingredients, this salad is easy to make and can be whipped up in less than 10 minutes. It is best served immediately while warm and will go perfectly with a glass of white wine, such as a Pinot Grigio.
FOR THE SALAD:
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1½-inch pieces
1 lb. shrimp, cooked, shelled and deveined
2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
FOR THE DRESSING:
1 cup mayonnaise
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
1 tbsp. prepared horseradish
½ tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp. celery seed
4 lemon wedges
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté 3–5 minutes, or until tender.
2. Add the asparagus and shrimp and continue to sauté, tossing frequently, until the asparagus is barely tender and the shrimp is heated through, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and place in a serving bowl, then add the tomatoes and toss to combine.
3. In another small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, horseradish, salt, pepper and celery seed.
4. Stir the dressing into the shrimp and asparagus salad.
5. Divide among serving bowls and serve each with a slice of lemon.
NUTRITION DATA FOR 1 SERVING:
Total Carbohydrates 26g
Total Fat 26g
Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 12g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Trans Fat 0.1g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 35% Daily Value
Vitamin C 50% Daily Value
Calcium 2% Daily Value
Iron 40% Daily Value
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Mediterranean Refresh Cookbook here