When it comes to vegetarian dishes, mushrooms reign as champion! They give this savory galette a meaty, earthy flavor, while upping your protein, fiber, and vitamin intake. Paired with fresh leek and a buttery dough, they make this recipe one you’ll have bookmarked for years to come.
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 large leek (white parts only), finely chopped
1 tablespoon kosher salt
½ tablespoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon ground red pepper flakes
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
⅓ cup frozen peas
3 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves only
1 rolled store-bought pie crust or 1 batch homemade pie dough
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the leeks, kosher salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring periodically, for 4 minutes, until the leeks soften.
4. Push the leeks to one side of the pan, then add the mushrooms and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
5. Cook for 10 minutes, until the mushrooms’ juices evaporate, then mix in the peas and thyme and cook for 1 minute, until the peas thaw. Remove from the heat.
6. Meanwhile, place a large piece of parchment paper down on a flat countertop. Roll the dough out on the parchment into a 9-inch circle about ¼ inch thick.
7. Transfer the parchment with the dough to a large baking sheet.
8. Sprinkle the nutritional yeast on top of the dough and press it in using your fingers.
9. Pour the mushroom-leek mixture over the middle of the dough, then spread the filling into an even layer, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges of the dough.
10. Fold the edges of the pie dough over the mushroom-leek mixture, overlapping them to seal the edges.
11. Brush the dough with the egg and sprinkle with the sea salt.
12. Bake the mushroom–leek galette for 20–25 minutes, until golden.
13. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Cut the galette into eight even portions and serve. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
NUTRITION • per one serving •
Total Fat 15 g 19%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g 20%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.8 g —
Monounsaturated Fat 8.1 g —
Trans Fat —
Cholesterol 25 mg 8%
Sodium 190 mg 8%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g 7%
Dietary Fiber 2 g 7%
Total Sugars 2 g —
Protein 4 g 8%
Vitamin A 113 mcg 15%
Vitamin C 20.4 mg 25%
Vitamin D 0.3 mcg 2%
Potassium 312 mg 6%
Calcium 27 mg 2%
Iron 1.4 mg 8%
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Mediterranean Meals Under 30 Minutes Cookbook here