Makes 30 servings
This recipe follows the traditional method of many Greek grandmothers, but without the added stress of making phyllo from scratch! Instead of pouring pumpkin filling into a pie shell, these flaky phyllo-filled logs are stuffed with a creamy sweet pumpkin filling and dusted with powdered sugar. Swap out your traditional pumpkin pie for this version and your next holiday dinner will have you blushing from all the compliments.
2 cups pumpkin purée
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup pecans, finely ground
⅓ cup brown sugar
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and divided
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
12 phyllo sheets, thawed
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the pumpkin purée, granulated sugar, pecans, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of butter, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl, mixing well.
3. Place a sheet of phyllo on a large flat surface, like a table or kitchen counter, and brush it with olive oil, then top with a second sheet of phyllo and brush it with butter.
4. Spread ¼ cup of the pumpkin mixture along the short edge of the phyllo and gently roll to encase the filling in a log shape.
5. Brush both the top and bottom of the log with olive oil, then place seam-side down on the prepared cookie sheet. With a sharp knife, cut 4 slits spaced 2½-inches apart, across the top of each log.
6. Repeat steps 4–5 until you have 6 logs.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a serving plate.
8. Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
NUTRITION • PER ONE SERVING
Calories 76 (3%)
Total Fat 2.73 g (6%)
Saturated Fat 0.886 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.468 g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.217 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 39 mg (3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 12.4 g (5%)
Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g (3%)
Total Sugars: 7.34 g
Protein: 0.94 g (2%)
Vitamin A 2575 mcg (110%)
Vitamin C 0.7 mcg (1%)
Vitamin D 1
Potassium 51 mg (1%)
Calcium 10 mg (1%)
Iron 0.57 mg (3%)
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Mediterranean Desserts Cookbook here