This recipe for Easy Breakfast Pizza uses a simple dough that is quick and easy to make, and there’s no need for a lengthy proofing time. Topped with plenty of your favorite breakfast ingredients, this is essentially a “Big Breakfast” or “Breakfast with the Works”—just made into a pizza (genius, right?). Serve the pizza in the middle of the table and watch it quickly disappear. If you have a few mouths to feed, we suggest you double the batch to ensure you get a slice of your own to enjoy before it’s all gobbled up.
1½ cups self-rising flour, plus more for kneading
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp. olive oil
½ cup arugula leaves
⅓ cup sliced mushrooms
¼ cup cream cheese
5 slices prosciutto, chopped
⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly grease a 12-inch pizza pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour and the yogurt, using your hands if necessary.
3. Tip out onto a floured flat surface and knead together for approximately 10 minutes, adding more flour as necessary to prevent from sticking.
4. Place the dough on the prepared pan and, starting from the center, spread it to the edges of the pan.
5. Bake for 6 minutes, until the base just begins to brown, then remove from the oven.
6. Spread the olive oil over the crust, then sprinkle with the arugula and mushrooms.
7. Drop dollops of the cream cheese one teaspoon at a time over the top of the pizza, then arrange the prosciutto in an even fashion on the top.
8. Carefully crack the eggs on top of the pizza, toward the center so they do not run off the edge. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a good crack of salt and pepper.
9. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until the toppings are thoroughly heated, the eggs are cooked to your liking and the crust is a deep golden brown.
10. Slice and serve immediately.
NUTRITION DATA FOR 1 SERVING
Total Carbohydrates 40g
Total Fat 21g
Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Trans Fat 2.3g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Vitamin A 9% Daily Value
Vitamin C 1% Daily Value
Calcium 39% Daily Value
Iron 17% Daily Value
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Mediterranean Refresh Cookbook here