Makes 2 servings
What makes any cake instantly better? Moisture! That’s why this recipe calls for soaking the cake in a brandy mixture. And the creamy filling takes this Coffee Cake up another notch, making it a guaranteed favorite. You might as well pack your cupboards with this dish’s ingredients since it’s sure to become your family’s go-to dessert.
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 medium egg, beaten
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 tablespoon erythritol
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coconut milk
For the filling:
½ cup mascarpone cheese, softened
½ cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons erythritol
2 tablespoons espresso coffee
2 tablespoons brandy
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. In a bowl, place the melted butter, egg, coconut flour, erythritol, coconut milk, baking powder, and vanilla, and mix well until smooth.
2. Divide the mixture into 2 ramekins. Place in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes
3. Remove from the microwave, gently remove the sponge, and cut in half lengthwise. Set aside.
FOR THE FILLING:
1. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined.
2. Coffee-Brandy mix
3. In a small bowl, mix the coffee and brandy.
1. Soak the sponge slices into the coffee mixture and place one of the slices into the ramekin.
2. Take a large tablespoon or two of the cream mixture. Smooth the cream out evenly.
3. Repeat and finish with cream topping. Sprinkle with cocoa powder. Refrigerate for 2 hours
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER 1 SERVING
CALORIES (KCAL): 592 KCAL
CARBS: 11.32 G
SATURATED FAT: 33.69 G
CHOLESTEROL: 242 MG
PROTEIN: 8.99 G
POTASSIUM: 505 MG
SODIUM: 277 MG
IRON: 1.91 MG
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Keto For Life Cookbook here