Makes 4 servings
Summer always brings an abundance of zucchinis to the farmer’s markets. Take advantage by making these delicious Greek-style stuffed zucchinis with a savory ground turkey filling. It’s the perfect pairing of rich and delicate flavors.
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ cup sweet onion, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 pound ground turkey
2 medium zucchinis, sliced in half lengthwise
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
½ cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté until soft, 3 about minutes. Add ground turkey and cook, stirring, until turkey is cooked through, about 10–13 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, scoop out the insides of the zucchinis, leaving a thin layer of flesh and skin intact. Chop the zucchinis’ insides and add to the pan with turkey mixture. Cook for 4 minutes, until zucchinis are tender. Add half of the tomatoes and all the olives. Cook just until heated through.
4. Spread remaining half of tomatoes on the bottom of a 9-x-13-inch baking dish. Place zucchini halves on top, skin side down. Divide turkey mixture among the 4 zucchini halves and top with feta cheese.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for 15 minutes more, until cheese is golden, and filling is hot throughout. Serve immediately.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER 1 SERVING
CALORIES (KCAL): 381 KCAL
CARBS: 22 G
SATURATED FAT: 8.38 G
CHOLESTEROL: 112 MG
PROTEIN: 31.82 G
POTASSIUM: 997 MG
SODIUM: 931 MG
IRON: 5 MG
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Keto For Life Cookbook here