Inspired by the rich flavors and fragrant aromas of Greek cuisine, this pasta is a hearty vegetarian meal your family will love! The creamy feta, earthy olive oil, and roasted tomatoes in this recipe can respectively strengthen bones, support weight loss, and promote heart health.
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
¼ cup loosely packed fresh oregano
¼ cup pitted and sliced Kalamata olives
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
½ tablespoon salt
1½ cups crumbled rennet-free feta cheese
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound dry rigatoni pasta
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Combine the tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, and olives in a baking dish. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. of the olive oil, sprinkle with the salt, and toss to combine.
3. Place the feta in the middle of the tomato mixture and drizzle the remaining tbsp. of olive oil on top of the cheese. Sprinkle with the black pepper.
4. Bake for 40 minutes, until the tomatoes burst. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook the rigatoni pasta according to the manufacturer’s Instructions, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water before draining.
6. Drain the pasta and transfer to a large bowl. Mash the feta and tomato mixture with a fork and mix until combined, then add the feta-tomato sauce to the bowl with the pasta. Mix until combined, adding in the reserved pasta water if necessary.
7. Divide the rigatoni among four serving plates and enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
NUTRITION • per one serving •
Calories 600 —
Total Fat 20 g 26%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g 44%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4 g —
Monounsaturated Fat 1.8 g —
Trans Fat 0 g —
Cholesterol 45 mg 15%
Sodium 820 mg 36%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g 35%
Dietary Fiber 13 g 46%
Total Sugars 20 g —
Protein 16 g 32%
Vitamin A 57 mcg 2%
Vitamin C 36 mcg 40%
Vitamin D 0.2 mcg —
Potassium 683 mg 15%
Calcium 285 mg 20%
Iron 2 mg 10%
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Intermittent Fasting and the Mediterranean Diet Cookbook here