Surprisingly full of flavor considering the simple ingredients and the lack of effort required, this quick and easy stew is ready for you to devour within 20 minutes. It’s the perfect mid- or late-week dinner (or for any other occasion you may be short on time). Feel free to play around with this recipe by using different varieties of beans or adding in some leafy greens like kale or chard. If you prefer a little spice, adjust the chili flakes and paprika to taste.
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 anchovy fillets, chopped
1 tsp. minced garlic
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. crushed red pepper
1 cup shredded or diced cabbage
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 (14-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
1½ cups canned white beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup chicken broth
2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 oz. pasta (such as farfalle)
salt and pepper, to taste
freshly chopped oregano
freshly chopped parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Stir in the anchovies, garlic, paprika and crushed red pepper and heat for approximately 30 seconds.
3. Add the cabbage and bell pepper and sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes until the cabbage is slightly limp.
4. Add the crushed tomatoes, beans, broth and lemon juice.
5. Reduce the heat to medium-low and allow to simmer, uncovered, 10–15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
7. Divide the hot pasta among 6 bowls and spoon the stew over the top. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped oregano and parsley.
NUTRITION DATA FOR 1 SERVING
Total Carbohydrates 27g
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 3g
Dietary Fiber 7g
Vitamin A 14% Daily Value
Vitamin C 55% Daily Value
Calcium 10% Daily Value
Iron 18% Daily Value
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Mediterranean Refresh Cookbook here