This Tortilla Española is a traditional Spanish omelet and is full of vibrant, rich Mediterranean flavors. We’re not sure if the best part of this omelet is how delicious it tastes, how filling it is, or how super easy is to make—and all in one pan. This saves big time on washing up. But we guarantee you will love it just as much, perhaps even for an added reason of your own. If you don’t mind going to a little extra effort (or creating more dishes to wash), you could also transfer your Tortilla Española mixture to 4 individual ramekins before placing in the oven to cook. This is a great option if you’d like to serve individual portions for each person.
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 small/medium potatoes, scrubbed and diced
1 Italian sausage, sliced (5 oz.)
1 onion, peeled and sliced thin
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small/medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
6 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large cast iron skillet or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add the potatoes, sausage, onion, and garlic and sauté until the potatoes are soft, the onions are translucent and the sausage is cooked through.
4. Add the bell pepper and toss to combine.
5. In a bowl, beat the eggs well and season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour the eggs over the potatoes and sausages in the skillet and swirl around so the eggs coat the pan evenly.
7. Place the cast iron skillet in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. When the center is set and the top is slightly brown, the tortilla is done.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the outside of the skillet and invert onto a round platter. Serve at room temperature.
NUTRITION DATA FOR 1 SERVING
Total Carbohydrates 20g
Total Fat 33g
Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 16g
Trans Fat 0.2g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 25% Daily Value
Vitamin C 93% Daily Value
Calcium 3% Daily Value
Iron 10% Daily Value
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Mediterranean Refresh Cookbook here