There are few foods my kids love more than pizza. Thanks to this quick and delicious recipe, I’ve gotten them into olives, feta, and artichokes! Chock full of nutrients, this Simple Grecian Pizza reduces inflammation, promotes digestive regularity, and increases satiety.
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 (12-inch) whole wheat pizza crust
3 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
3 ounces rennet-free feta cheese, crumbled
1 teaspoon dried oregano, plus more to taste
4 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
1 cup baby spinach
1 Roma tomato, sliced
¼ cup drained sun-dried tomatoes in oil
1 small shallot, thinly sliced
3 Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly brush it with the olive oil.
2. Place the pizza crust onto the prepared baking sheet and spread the ricotta and feta cheeses onto the crust. Sprinkle with the oregano.
3. Arrange the artichoke hearts, baby spinach, tomato, sun-dried tomatoes, shallot, and olives on top of the pizza, and add more oregano, if desired.
4. Cook the pizza according to the crust’s package Instructions.
5. Remove the pizza from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then cut into slices and serve.
NUTRITION • per one serving •
Calories 390 —
Total Fat 26 g 33%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g 43%
Polyunsaturated Fat 12.4 g —
Monounsaturated Fat 6.3 g —
Trans Fat 0 g —
Cholesterol 25 mg 8%
Sodium 630 mg 27%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g 11%
Dietary Fiber 4 g 14%
Total Sugars 4 g —
Protein 10 g 20%
Vitamin A 148 mcg 4%
Vitamin C 13 mcg 15%
Vitamin D —
Potassium 394 mg 8%
Calcium 19 3mg 15%
Iron 2.45 mg 15%
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Intermittent Fasting and the Mediterranean Diet Cookbook here