Makes 6 servings
Sometimes the simplest ingredients make the tastiest desserts, and this recipe is no exception. As the apricots roast, they exude a lovely syrup, adding a luscious texture and flavor to this dish. Serve these Roasted Apricots on a slice of cake or over ice cream for a marvelous pairing. Just wait for your dinner guests to clear their plates!
6 fresh apricots, washed, halved, and pitted
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place apricot halves cut side up on the prepared cookie sheet and set aside.
3. Combine sugar, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a bowl, mixing well.
4. Place an equal amount of the spiced butter mixture into the center of each apricot half.
5. Bake the apricots for 12 minutes, until golden.
6. Remove from oven and allow the apricots to rest for 10–15 minutes.
7. Serve once cooled. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
NUTRITION • PER ONE SERVING
Calories 71 (3%)
Total Fat 4.06 g (8%)
Saturated Fat 2.493 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.175 g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.063 g
Trans Fat 0.155 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 31 mg (2%)
Total Carbohydrate: 8.47 g (3%)
Dietary Fiber: 1 g (4%)
Total Sugars: 7.25 g
Protein: 0.56 g (1%)
Vitamin A 794 mcg (34%)
Vitamin C 3.5 mcg (5%)
Vitamin D 3 mcg (1%)
Potassium 96 mg (2%)
Calcium 11 mg (1%)
Iron 0.19 mg (1%)
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Mediterranean Desserts Cookbook here