One-skillet dinners are a favorite in my household. I usually prepare the ingredients a day before to make it even easier on my future self. This specific recipe is one my grandmother taught me years ago when I first visited her in Greece—and with her permission, I’m sharing it with you!
4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, split horizontally
2 tablespoons salt
2 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup sliced mushrooms
½ cup chicken stock
½ cup dry white wine
⅓ cup black olives
2 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Juice of 1 large lemon
⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Generously sprinkle the chicken breast with the salt and pepper.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Transfer the chicken breasts to the skillet and sear for 3 minutes per side, until tender. Remove from the skillet, transfer to a heat-safe plate, and cover with foil or a lid.
4. Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil and the garlic to the same pan, still set over medium-high heat, and cook for 1 minute, until the garlic is fragrant.
5. Stir in the mushrooms, chicken stock, and white wine and cook for 5–8 minutes, until the liquid has decreased by half.
6. Transfer the chicken breast back to the skillet and add the olives, capers, oregano, chives, remaining 2 teaspoons pepper, and the lemon juice.
7. Cook for 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until everything is heated through.
8. Stir in the feta and cook it for another minute.
9. Remove from the heat and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a serving platter. Serve and enjoy!
NUTRITION • per one serving •
Total Fat 20 g 26%
Saturated Fat 12 g 60%
Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g —
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g —
Trans Fat —
Cholesterol 144 mg 48%
Sodium 546 mg 24%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g 7%
Dietary Fiber 3 g 11%
Total Sugars 10 g 15%
Protein 42 g 84%
Vitamin A 348 mcg 40%
Vitamin C 23 mcg 25%
Vitamin D 1 mcg 4%
Potassium 295 mg 6%
Calcium 68.3 mg 6%
Iron 3.1 mg 15%
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Mediterranean Meals Under 30 Minutes Cookbook here