Tart sun-dried tomatoes, tangy olives, savory Parmesan, and floral white wine give this vegetarian pasta a Mediterranean spin! Transition easily to your fasting period by fueling up on this 30-minute, vitamin-rich dinner. It’s always a crowd-pleaser, even for those who favor meat.
1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
8 ounces drained sun-dried tomatoes in oil
6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained
3 green onions, chopped
¼ cup pitted and halved Kalamata olives
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup grated rennet-free Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
1 teaspoon black pepper
Zest of ½ lemon
10–15 fresh basil leaves, torn
1. Cook the spaghetti according to the manufacturer’s Instructions until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the garlic and ¼ tsp. of the salt and cook, stirring constantly, for 10 seconds.
4. Stir in the parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, green onions, and olives and cook for 30 seconds, until everything is heated through.
5. Stir in the white wine and cook until the mixture comes to a simmer, about 10 minutes.
6. Add the Parmesan and cook for 5 minutes more, then remove from the heat.
7. Drain the spaghetti and return it to the pot. Pour in the sun-dried tomato mixture, and toss to combine.
8. Add the pepper, lemon zest, and remaining ¾ tsp. of salt, tossing to combine. Set the pot of sauce and spaghetti over medium heat for 5 minutes, until the spaghetti has absorbed most of the sauce.
9. Divide the spaghetti among five serving bowls and top with the fresh basil and more Parmesan, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
NUTRITION • per one serving •
Calories 480 —
Total Fat 15 g —
Saturated Fat 2.6 g 13%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.9 g —
Monounsaturated Fat 9 g —
Trans Fat 0 g —
Cholesterol 5 mg 1%
Sodium 740 mg 32%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g 28%
Dietary Fiber 12 g 43%
Total Sugars 1 g —
Protein 17 g 43%
Vitamin A 1429 mcg 35%
Vitamin C 62 mcg 80%
Vitamin D 0 mcg —
Potassium 524 mg 10%
Calcium 129 mg 10%
Iron 5 mg 30%
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Intermittent Fasting and the Mediterranean Diet Cookbook here