Your friends and family will love my tiramisu recipe. It’s easy to make, and I guarantee it will be the best tiramisu you’ve ever had! The mascarpone does not have to be at room temperature, but it will be easier to mix in if it is. Take it out of the refrigerator as you gather the other ingredients to make the recipe.
6 large egg yolks (approx. ½ cup of yolks)
1 cup sugar
1¼ cups mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1⅓ cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup cold espresso or strong coffee
½ cup coffee-flavored liqueur (optional)
30 Italian ladyfingers, Savoiardi style (about 1½ 7-oz. packages)
1 oz. unsweetened cocoa for dusting
1. Combine the egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler, set over boiling water and use a wire whisk to mix. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring constantly with the whisk, for about 10 minutes. This is your sabayon. Remove from the heat and continue to whisk until the yolks are thick and lemon-colored. Allow to cool briefly.
2. Add the room-temperature mascarpone cheese to the whipped yolks and whisk until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, use an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer to whip the cream to stiff peaks.
4. Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone-sabayon mixture and set aside.
5. Mix the cold espresso with the coffee liqueur, if using. Dip the ladyfingers into the mixture just long enough to get them wet. Do not soak them!
6. Arrange half of the ladyfingers in the bottom of a 9-inch-square baking dish or other similar-size container.
7. Spoon half the mascarpone cream filling over the ladyfingers.
8. Repeat the process with another layer of ladyfingers, and add another layer of mascarpone cream.
9. Dust the top with unsweetened cocoa and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or ideally overnight.
NUTRITION DATA FOR 1 SERVING
Total Carbohydrates 37g
Total Fat 34g
Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Trans Fat 4g
Dietary Fiber 10g
Vitamin A 7% Daily Value
Vitamin C 12% Daily Value
Calcium 25% Daily Value
Iron 18% Daily Value
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Mediterranean Refresh Cookbook here