Makes 5 servings
Serve at a family gathering or meal plan your way to leftovers with this hearty Meat Casserole. Thanks to this recipe, I’ve gotten over my fear of droopy, soggy cabbage casseroles! Made with simple ingredients, this dish is quick to whip up and will leave everyone at the table full and satisfied.
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds ground beef
1 medium onion, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon mustard
¼ cup mayonnaise
1½ cup sharp cheddar, shredded
2 cups of broiled broccoli
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking-dish with olive oil.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high-heat and add the olive oil. Then add onions and beef. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring to undo large chunks, until the beef is browned and the onion is tender.
3. Add in the black pepper, garlic, cumin, and salt. Cook, stirring for a few minutes more.
4. Remove from heat. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, and one cup of cheddar. Mix well.
5. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking-dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
6. Bake until the cheese is golden brown and the casserole is heated through, about 15 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Serve with ½ cup of broccoli on the side.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER 1 SERVING
CALORIES (KCAL): 665 KCAL
CARBS: 5.8 G
SATURATED FAT: 17.1 G
CHOLESTEROL: 103 MG
PROTEIN: 58.2 G
POTASSIUM: 660 MG
SODIUM: 1350 MG
IRON: 6.1 MG
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Keto For Life Cookbook here