Makes 2 rolls; 4 servings
This dish is a showstopper. The recipe below makes a vegetarian roll, but once you’ve perfected your rolling and slicing technique, you can also add your favorite fatty fish to the roll. Use thin slices of raw, sushi-grade tuna or salmon, or pieces of boiled shrimp or crab, to create enough flavor variations for an entire sushi platter.
2 cups cauliflower rice
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 nori seaweed sheets
1 avocado, halved and thinly sliced
4.5 ounces cream cheese, sliced into thin rectangles
½ cup cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
Sugar-free soy sauce, for dipping
1. If your cauliflower rice is too chucky, pulse in the food processor until it resembles the size of short-grain sushi.
2. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add cauliflower rice and cook, stirring, until cooked through, about 5–7 minutes. Remove from the heat and place in the refrigerator to cool completely.
3. Lay a long sheet of plastic cling wrap out on a clean surface. Lay one piece of nori at one edge of the cling wrap. Call this your starting edge. Spread half the cauliflower rice evenly over the nori, leaving 1 centimeter of uncovered nori around the entire piece. Then lay half the avocado slices over the rice along the starting edge. Top avocado with half the cream cheese, then half the cucumber. To roll, lift plastic wrap from the starting edge, using one hand to keep veggies in place, and roll tightly to enclose veggies. Once you have the roll started, peel back the plastic wrap so it does not get rolled up with your sushi roll. Continue to roll up into a cylinder.
4. Use a very sharp knife to cut the roll into bite-sized pieces. Start cutting from the center so your roll stays intact, and the filling does not squish out the ends.
5. Repeat to assemble the second roll. Serve with soy sauce for dipping.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER 1 SERVING
CALORIES (KCAL): 263 KCAL
CARBS: 9.63 G
SATURATED FAT: 13 G
CHOLESTEROL: 29 MG
PROTEIN: 7.14 G
POTASSIUM: 499 MG
SODIUM: 1667 MG
IRON: 1.52 MG
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Keto For Life Cookbook here