Makes 12 bombs
These bite-sized protein bombs are better than meatballs! Keto diets have long included “fat bombs” to satisfy dieters with small portions of food, filled with healthy fats. Serve in a wrap or as a side! Remember, you can always switch up the seasoning; add pepper to spice up your fat bomb or herbs to mellow it out!
1 pound lean ground beef
1 tablespoon Barbecue Seasoning and Rub (page 24) or Simple Cajun Seasoning (page 22)
4 tablespoons butter, cut into 12 pieces
½ cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt, to taste
Cracked black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
2. Combine ground beef and seasoning in a bowl and mix gently, just enough to evenly distribute seasoning; do not overmix.
3. Press a tablespoon or so of beef mixture into each muffin cup. The bottom of each cup should be fully covered with a layer of meat. Place a pat of butter on top of the beef layer in each muffin cup, then add another tablespoon of beef on top of each butter pat, and press to flatten. Evenly distribute the cheese among the 12 cups, then evenly distribute the remaining beef mixture over the top of each one. Press slightly to flatten your layers.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat, leaving the pan in the oven, and open the oven door slightly. Allow to rest in the oven for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and serve hamburger bombs immediately or refrigerate in a covered container for up to 3 days.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER 1 SERVING
CALORIES (KCAL): 152 KCAL
CARBS: 0.62 G
SATURATED FAT: 5.7 G
CHOLESTEROL: 48 MG
PROTEIN: 10.77 G
POTASSIUM: 118 MG
SODIUM: 332 MG
IRON: 1.06 MG
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Keto For Life Cookbook here