Makes 10 biscuits
The secrets to perfect biscuits are cold ingredients and grated butter. My favorite way to add butter to baking recipes is by grating a cold stick of butter with a cheese grater. It will make those beautiful pea-sized butter bits that every dough recipe calls for, with minimal effort. Try it out!
1 heaping cup finely ground almond flour
2 tablespoons cold butter, grated
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup egg whites
1. Combine almond flour and grated butter and stir together until mixture resembles rice. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Add baking powder and salt to almond flour–butter mixture and stir gently until combined. Add egg whites and stir until combined but still lumpy—don’t overmix! You want some solid butter bits remaining to form flaky layers.
4. Using a tablespoon, drop dough onto the prepared pan, spacing biscuits one inch apart. Bake 12–14 minutes, until browned.
5. Let cool, then serve with Classic Sausage Gravy (page 40) or butter and sugar-free jam. These also make excellent breakfast sandwiches.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER 1 SERVING
CALORIES (KCAL): 85 KCAL
CARBS: 2.42 G
SATURATED FAT: 1.82 G
CHOLESTEROL: 6 MG
PROTEIN: 4.02 G
POTASSIUM: 151 MG
SODIUM: 107 MG
IRON: 0.41 MG
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Keto For Life Cookbook here