Makes 4 servings
This basic bread dough can be used to make hamburger buns, pizza, dinner rolls, flatbreads, or loaf bread to replace carb-heavy bread products. Use the baked bread as an ingredient for stuffing and casseroles, or in place of sandwich bread or rolls. Just think of this recipe as your go-to bread replacement!
¾ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
¼ cup cream cheese
1/3 cup almond or coconut flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 large egg, beaten
½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Combine mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute on full power, stirring every 15 seconds, until fully combined.
2. Combine almond flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Stir in egg, then mix in melted mozzarella mixture until crumbly. Stir in cheddar cheese and shape dough into a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 425°F.
4. Cut dough into desired portion sizes. For hamburger buns, cut dough into 4 equal pieces. For dinner rolls, cut into 8 equal pieces and shape the same way. For pizza or flatbread crust, cut into 2 pieces and roll out to a ½ inch sheet.
5. Bake until golden brown, 10–12 minutes. For pizza or flatbread, pre-bake without toppings. 6. Allow to cool on the baking sheet.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER 1 SERVING
CALORIES (KCAL): 200 KCAL
CARBS: 6.3 G
SATURATED FAT: 11.024 G
CHOLESTEROL: 91 MG
PROTEIN: 10.06 G
POTASSIUM: 332 MG
SODIUM: 338 MG
IRON: 0.79 MG
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Keto For Life Cookbook here