Makes 6 servings
This tasty dish is best served directly from the grill, dressed in a warm vinaigrette. Let it cool for a few minutes before adding the feta and mint for best results. The recipe works with all kinds of vegetables, including tomatoes, asparagus, peppers, radishes, onions and even corn on the cob, so choose your favorites!
3 lb. mixed vegetables, such as corn, zucchini, tomatoes, radishes, green beans, red onion or bell peppers
5 tbsp. olive oil, divided
2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
Finely grated zest of 1 medium lemon
¼ tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
1 tbsp. chopped fresh mint leaves
1. Place a grill pan (cast iron works best) on the grill and preheat the grill to high.
2. While the grill heats up, prepare the vegetables by slicing into ¼-inch slices. Leave the corn whole. Place all the vegetables in a large bowl.
3. To make the dressing, in a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of the oil, the lemon juice, the lemon zest, the oregano and ¼ teaspoon of the kosher salt. Whisk together and set aside.
4. When the grill is very hot, sprinkle the vegetables with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, drizzle with the remaining ¾ teaspoon of the kosher salt, add the pepper to taste and mix well. Transfer the vegetables to the hot grill pan.
5. Cover the vegetables and grill, turning occasionally, until softened and charred in places.
6. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl, sprinkle with the dressing, and mix. Let it cool to slightly warm or room temperature. Add the feta, if using, and the mint; then gently toss to combine.
NUTRITION • PER ONE SERVING
Total Fat 17g (22%)
Saturated Fat 5.389g (27%)
Trans Fat 0.005g
Total Carbohydrate 18g (7%)
Dietary Fiber 7g (25%)
Total Sugars 7g
Includes 0g Added Sugars (0%)
Cholesterol 20mg (7%)
Sodium 680mg (30%)
Protein 7g (14%)
Vitamin D 0.5mcg (2%)
Calcium 177mg (15%)
Iron 1.88mg (10%)
Potassium 346mg (8%)