This Chicken Piccata is going to be your new favorite chicken dish for sure! Garlic, lemon, butter and chicken— flavor combinations don’t get much better than this. The juicy chicken breasts are served with a generous amount of the sauce poured over the top. The addition of capers brings an extra zing that we think makes this dish absolutely perfect. Serve alongside your preferred seasonal salad or lightly steamed Mediterranean vegetables for a well-balanced meal.
2 lbs. (3 large) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp. black pepper
⅓ cup flour
¼ cup olive oil
5 cloves garlic, sliced
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup demi-glace (optional)
1 lemon, juiced
6 lemon slices
½ cup butter
2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
1 tsp. capers
1. Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally to make 6 fillets altogether. Gently pound the meat with a mallet until each fillet is thin and flat but not broken. Sprinkle the meat with the black pepper and dredge lightly in the flour.
2. Preheat a wide, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and garlic and sauté until lightly browned, then remove the garlic with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Turn the heat up to high and add the chicken. Cook 2–3 minutes per side until golden brown.
4. Remove the chicken to a serving platter and set aside.
5. Drain the oil from the pan, then return the pan to the heat and add the white wine. Cook, stirring, to deglaze the pan for about 1 minute. Add the demi-glace, if using, the lemon juice and the reserved garlic.
6. Stir well to heat the sauce thoroughly, then add the butter and stir until fully melted and combined. At this point, you can remove the garlic with a slotted spoon or leave in.
7. Stir in the parsley, then spoon the sauce over the chicken.
8. Garnish with the capers, lemon slices, and more freshly chopped parsley.
NUTRITION DATA FOR 1 SERVING
Total Carbohydrates 7g
Total Fat 32g
Saturated Fat 14g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Trans Fat 0g
Dietary Fiber 0.4g
Vitamin A 12% Daily Value
Vitamin C 6% Daily Value
Calcium 1% Daily Value
Iron 2% Daily Value
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Mediterranean Refresh Cookbook here