Makes 2 servings
Thanks to Keto’s carb restrictions, bland salads are usually a no-go. This simple, classic Broccoli Salad is one of my favorite side dishes. Made with bacon, cashews, red onions, and topped with a tangy, creamy dressing, you’ll wonder why you didn’t experiment more with broccoli before starting Keto!
16 slices of bacon, raw
½ large broccoli head
1 large carrot, grated
¼ small red onion
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
¼ cup cashews
For the dressing:
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a large oven tray with parchment paper.
2. Place the bacon on the prepared tray.
3. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 175°C and bake for 8 minutes more.
4. Remove the bacon from the oven and let it cool, then cut into small pieces.
5. In a bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients add salt and pepper. Set aside in the refrigerator.
6. Set a pot with water and salt and bring to a boil. Cut the broccoli into bite-sized florets. Place the florets in the water and cook for 3 minutes, drain and let it cool.
7. Grate the carrot and the onion.
8. Dice the red bell pepper and chop the walnuts.
9. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients, including the bacon. Add the dressing and mix well to combine.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER 1 SERVING
CALORIES (KCAL): 544 KCAL
CARBS: 22.5 G
SATURATED FAT: 12.73 G
CHOLESTEROL: 49 MG
PROTEIN: 16.3 G
POTASSIUM: 897 MG
SODIUM: 1428 MG
IRON: 2.8 MG
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Keto For Life Cookbook here