Makes 8 servings
The hidden problem with prepackaged beef jerky for a Keto dieter is its sugar content. The best way around this is to make your own, sugar-free. If you prefer a little sweet with your savory jerky, add a tablespoon of erythritol or monk fruit sweetener instead of sugar.
1½ pounds skirt or flank steak
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon salt
½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 225°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Slice steak into 2-inch strips against the grain. Pound each strip until it is even and about ⅛-inch thick.
3. Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add steak strips to the bowl with the seasoning and toss to cover.
4. Lay steak strips on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 3 hours, rotating the baking sheets every 20 minutes to allow for even cooking and drying. Jerky is done when beef is dry and browned.
5. Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER 1 SERVING
CALORIES (KCAL): 126 KCAL
CARBS: 1.87 G
SATURATED FAT: 1.816 G
CHOLESTEROL: 51 MG
PROTEIN: 18.66 G
POTASSIUM: 340 MG
SODIUM: 947 MG
IRON: 1.63 MG
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Keto For Life Cookbook here