Makes 6 servings
Make this recipe on a weekend when you have time to make each cheese “tortilla” by hand. I always suggest rolling the tortillas—I find it’s easier, but you can layer them if you prefer. It’s best to buy the cheese in blocks and shred it yourself for this recipe, rather than buying it pre-shredded.
3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 cups roast beef (leftover pot roast works best), shredded
½ cup sugar-free salsa
¼ cup pickled jalapeños, drained
1 cup enchilada sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter an 8-x-8-inch baking dish.
2. Combine cheddar and mozzarella. Working with 1 cup of cheese mixture at a time, spread cheese into an 8-inch circle in a medium nonstick frying pan, making an even, thin layer. Place the pan over low heat. The cheese should melt slowly and darken as it cooks. Continue to cook undisturbed, without checking underneath or moving in any way, until the entire circle of cheese is evenly brown throughout. Use a spatula to remove round from the pan and set aside to cool. Repeat with remaining cheese to form 6 “tortillas.”
3. Combine beef and salsa in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add jalapeños and stir to combine.
4. Divide meat mixture among cheese tortilla rounds and gently roll. Lay rolls in the prepared baking dish and pour enchilada sauce over the top. Bake for 8–10 minutes, until hot.
5. Serve with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and additional shredded cheese, if desired.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER 1 SERVING
CALORIES (KCAL): 540 KCAL
CARBS: 6.48 G
SATURATED FAT: 21.66 G
CHOLESTEROL: 14 MG
PROTEIN: 40.38 G
POTASSIUM: 440 MG
SODIUM: 215 MG
IRON: 1.78 MG
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Keto For Life Cookbook here