Makes 18–20 macaroons
Eating these macaroons will seem like an extravagance because they’re kissed with Notes of both velvety apricot and savory coconut. The irresistible texture of these slightly crisp macaroons with a moist, chewy interior is sure to wow your guests!
4 large egg whites
½ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4¾ cups sweetened coconut, shredded
½ cup apricot, peeled and diced
1. Preheat oven to 325°F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together the egg whites, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl for 2 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved, and the egg whites are foamy.
3. Fold in the shredded coconut until completely coated with the egg white mixture.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes so the coconut absorbs some of the egg mixture.
5. Pat any liquid that has formed from the chopped apricots with paper towels. Remove batter from fridge and fold in the apricots.
6. Scoop 2 tablespoons of batter and place onto the prepared cookie sheet leaving 2-inch spaces between each macaroon.
7. Bake for 15–20 minutes, rotating the cookie sheets at the 10-minute mark, until they are golden brown.
8. Allow the macaroons to cool completely and serve. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
NUTRITION • PER ONE SERVING
Calories 134 (6%)
Total Fat 7.85 g (16%)
Saturated Fat 6.952 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.086 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.335 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 69 mg (5%)
Total Carbohydrate: 15.7 g (6%)
Dietary Fiber: 1 g (4%)
Total Sugars: 14.68 g
Protein: 1.37 g (3%)
Vitamin A 17 mcg (1%)
Vitamin C 0.2 mcg
Vitamin D 0 mcg
Potassium 88 mg (2%)
Calcium 4 mg
Iron 0.44 mg (2%)
This AMAZING Recipe can be found in my Mediterranean Desserts Cookbook here